PROS AND CONS OF TRADITIONAL MARKETING VS DIGITAL MARKETING
All these days, the focus is on digital marketing services India for very obvious reasons that everything is getting digitalized and marketing is an on-going process. More and more people are getting engaged in Digital marketing but the share of traditional marketing is also not declining. Digital marketing is an extension of traditional marketing. With virtual existence, there must be real existence to ensure maximum reach.
Traditional marketing is the brick and mortar form of marketing which has been around for ages. It consists of advertising through newspaper, magazines, TV, radio, posters etc.
Digital marketing is marketing online using social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Digital marketing is a real-time, very effective method with new avenues of digital marketing emerging every single day.
LET’S DISCUSS THE PROS AND CONS OF DIGITAL MARKETING AND TRADITIONAL MARKETING:
Pros of Traditional Marketing-
- Reach of the local target audience easily: Brick and mortar stores are always popular among the local audience. By advertising in the newspaper or radio or magazine, you can easily reach a number of customers present in your local area. You must have seen employees handling flyers to all those who pass by their store. So physical presence makes it easier for the local audience to access to brick and mortar stores.
- Easy to understand: Traditional marketing is always easy to understand. Before purchasing the product, you can try it, understand the stuff. Anyone who doesn’t have access to the Internet can have access to stores and since people have been using this form of marketing since decades, it easier for them to understand.
- Save hard copies: Flyers, posters, visiting cards are hard copies which the customers can save with themselves. Unlike online advertisement, posters, flyers can be taken anywhere and read anytime even without an internet connection.
Cons of Traditional Marketing-
- Expensive: Traditional marketing is quite expensive as compared to digital marketing. Whether you are doing commercials or radio advertisement or magazine advertisement, traditional marketing involves a huge cost which everyone cannot afford.
- Limited Reach: Through traditional marketing, the reach is very limited. Unlike, Digital marketing, one can have access to your store only when it is locally present.
- Difficult to interact with the target audience: There is no surety whether your ads. have been seen or read or heard by the targeted customers. To make matter worse, there is no tool to collect such information and to analyse it.
Pros of Digital Marketing-
Opposite of cons of Traditional marketing is the pros of digital marketing-
- Unlimited reach: Anyone sitting in Australia who wants website development services India from Mega Web Design can contact them directly. There is no need to distribute posters, flyers to extend your reach.
- Real-time results: In digital marketing, many tools help to analyze user data and traffic there and then only which is not possible in traditional marketing. These tools are extremely useful to determine where the traffic is coming from.
- Cost-effective: Digital marketing is cost-effective as compared to traditional marketing. In digital marketing, SEO is the ‘organic’ and ‘free’ form of Digital marketing. Even Social media marketing does not consume a huge amount of money.
Cons of Digital Marketing-
- Time-consuming: Digital marketing requires the investment of time while traditional marketing requires the investment of cost. It takes time for the website to rank and get traffic because there is immense competition.
- Extremely sensitive: Digital marketing is extremely sensitive. One wrong review or bad influence can hamper your business adversely. You cannot control things that go viral. With a large number of people using social media, it is a matter of a click to get something viral.
- Regulation by the search engine: There are certain algorithms, rules and regulations that one needs to follow to market its brand else Google will ban your website. These algorithms keep updating with time so one needs to keep a check on it.
These are some pros and cons of Traditional marketing v/s Digital marketing.
Mega Web design is an expert Web design company India that provides digital marketing services. We have experts who will understand your needs and work on them.